Tuesday 30 October 2012

Impulse Control Fail


As I'm sure I've said before, my housemate Diane runs a vintage items and a handmade jewelry store. She has some really gorgeous items, and regularly has stalls at local vintage fairs.
I often accompany her on these trips, just to help out and as an excuse for me to wander round too, but there is one fair I particularly love. Its based in Stockport and is called Vintage Village. Held on the second Sunday of every month, its a veritable treasure trove of awesomeness.
Normally I don't buy anything (I purposely don't take money with me so that I don't) but at the September fair I actually picked up a few awesome finds.


I sadly didn't keep a record of whose stall I got each item from but they are all regular stall holders as far as I'm aware.

Firstly, I was looking for a trio. I love cups and saucers and think trios just look so cute. When I bought one, the stall holder casually mentioned it was one of a set. So I asked to look at the rest...

2 minutes later, and I was the proud owner of a set of 4 trios, all very pretty.
Sadly, one has a crack in it, but I still love them.


On the way back from buying the trios, I spotted these poking out from under a pile of glassware. Again, I thought they were so pretty, and figured one could never have enough plates.


On my next wander, while looking at someone's stall, I discovered this tucked away underneath a pile of things on the floor next to the table. It needs a bit of TLC but I really like it. Its going to go on my dresser as a place for all my bits and pieces.


At the end of the day we spotted a lady about to pack her things away. I caught a glimpse of something so wandered over to find a basket full of boxes. Some were really horrible, and the oriental style wooden box I had caught sight of had just been taken. A little more digging and I found these. Pretty, and just perfect for tidying my jewelry up. Having a sister who works in a popular clothing store and a friend who makes jewelry makes for an impressive collection.




 A couple of weeks ago we went to a car boot. I was astounded by the size of it, I've never been to one so big! I bought another jewelry box. It was only £1 and its an exact copy of one my grandma used to have. It reminds me of days I used to sit playing with her jewelry and make up when I was little, Playing dress-up in her high heels and lipstick.


Its musical too! When you open the bottom drawer the mechanism kicks in and it plays a little tune.

Thats it for now. I have a recipe to share a bit later on, and I'm going to be writing a couple of Halloween themed posts over the next couple of days. Mainly recipes and one about our attempt at pumpkin carving.

TTFN!

xxClairexx

No comments:

Post a Comment